Bournemouth reject West Ham bid for duo

This content is kindly provided from here where it was originally published.
Callum Wilson (left), who missed most of the season with injury, featured in his side’s final Premier League game of the season at Old Trafford on Tuesday

Bournemouth have rejected a bid from West Ham for striker Callum Wilson and midfielder Matt Ritchie, Eddie Howe has said.

But the Cherries manager denied reports that £25m was offered for the pair.

“We had a bid yesterday evening. It was from West Ham but the bid was rejected and we have no intention to sell,” Howe said after his side’s 3-1 defeat at Manchester United.

“We want to try to improve our squad, not weaken it.”

Wilson, 24, only returned to first-team action last month after missing six months of the club’s first Premier League campaign with cruciate knee ligament damage.

He had scored five goals in seven games before suffering the injury against Stoke City in September.

More to follow.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *