- How to follow:
- Updates on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; live scores on the BBC Sport website
Bristol City have their two new signings, on-loan Bournemouth striker Lee Tomlin and returning Wolves left-back Scott Golbourne, ready to start.
Mark Little is set to replace Luke Ayling (knee cartilage) at full-back.
Blues bring in Diego Fabbrini following this week’s £1.5m signing of their former loan player from Watford.
Defender Ryan Shotton could make his debut after arriving on loan from Derby County but Nicolai Brock-Madsen is out with a hamstring injury.
- Bristol City have not beaten Birmingham City since November 1993, a run of 10 games without a victory against Blues (D2 L8).
- Birmingham have won each of the last four encounters at Ashton Gate, keeping clean sheets on their two most recent visits.
- Bristol City have taken fewer points at home than any other Championship team this season (14).
- Blues have won four of their last five league games, drawing the other. Only Nottingham Forest are on a longer unbeaten run in the Championship (12 games).
- Jonathan Kodija has scored just twice in his last 14 games in all competitions for Bristol City, and has not scored at home since the start of November.
- Blues midfielder Maikel Kieftenbeld has so far scored in three of his four league games in 2016, having previously only scored twice in five and a half seasons.